Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Haircuts Around The World: Mendoza

It has been a month since my last haircut and, and I was begining to shy away from the public because of my long hair. Although nobody said it, I knew they were thinking, ¨what is a hippie like you doing in this town.¨ Then again, I know that some readers have trouble telling the difference between the before and after photos. We had a surprisingly hard time finding any place in Mendoza, but once we found one we quickly found a few more. Arsenio (no relation to Arsinio Hall) was up to the task.

The peliqularia was clean and had nice tango music playing in the background. I now know enough haircut Spanish to get by on my own and secure a clean cut. A simple clipper #1 on top with a #2 or #3 for the beard. The straight edge razor blade came out late in the game, but he used shaving cream (which is somewhat rare). He did not take great care around the mustache, which is an important place to get right in Kathleen´s view. Everything else went smoothly and he added some after shave loation to my beard, which left me smelling like the haircut place for the rest of the day. Overall, a 6 out of 10.

As for why my head is cut, I walked into a tree. There are a few low hanging tree limbs on the streets of Mendoza, and when night falls they become hazards for tall Americans. It hurts!




No comments: